2009 Canadian e-Learning Conference (CeLC)
The University of British Columbia - Vancouver, Canada
June 17-19, 2009
The 7th Annual Canadian e-Learning Conference (CeLC) was held in Vancouver, BC June 17-19, 2009 at the University of British Columbia (UBC). UBC, in partnership with the BC Educational Technology Users Group (ETUG) and BCcampus, hosted over 300 delegates from BC, Canada and beyond at UBC's beautiful Point Grey campus. This year's CeLC program partners were UBC, ETUG and the Canadian Blackboard Users Group (Can-BUG). Delegates and sponsors tackled learning and teaching with technology questions focused within these four streams:
- Open, connected & social - discover Personal Learning Environments (PLEs), new media and open education
- Extending the CMS - consider how Web 2.0 tools, RSS and built-in APIs can extend the capabilities of the CMS
- Learning and Teaching - reflect on how technology can enhance learning and teaching
- Research - investigate how new technologies and teaching practices are altering the online or face-to-face classroom
We are in the process of collecting conference presentations. As we receive them, they will be uploaded here: http://celc.sites.olt.ubc.ca/conference-streams/.
We ask all 2009 CeLC delegates to take a moment to fill out a short evaluation form about the conference. Any feedback is highly valued and will help us organize a better conference next year.
CeLC 2010 - Mark Your Calendars!
CeLC Media Room
One of the tenets of this year's CeLC was to promote community and delegate participation in the shaping and documenting of the event. We invited all delegates to create the narrative for the conference.
You can still contribute to the common knowledge of the event by tagging your social media in the following ways:
- If you are a blogger, tag your posts with "celc2009"
- If you use Flickr, share your moments with us by uploading and tagging your photos with "celc2009"
- If you're a Twitter user, track the conference thread by following celc2009 and tagging your tweets with #celc2009
- If you've posted any videos on websites such as youtube or blip.tv, tag it with "celc2009"
All social media will be collected at http://celc.sites.olt.ubc.ca/mediaroom.
Applause, Appreciation & Acknowledgements
This event would not have been possible without the services, contributions and ideas of the following organizations and individuals:
- AMS and AMS Catering
- Centre for Instructional Support, Faculty of Applied Science, UBC
- Chapman Learning Commons in the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre, UBC
- Classroom Services, UBC
- Housing & Conference Services, UBC
- Media Services, UBC
- Office of Learning Technology, UBC
- Plant Operations, Waste Management Division, UBC
- Sustainability Office, UBC
- Teaching and Academic Growth (TAG), UBC
- Program Committee:
- Leva Lee
- kele fleming
- Cyprien Lomas
- John Egan
- Brian Lamb
- Bonita Bray
- Paul Stacey
- Gina Bennett
- Stephanie Chu
- Steering Committee for ETUG and the ETUG Social Committee
- Our keynotes and presenters
- All partners, sponsors and vendors
- All conference staff and volunteers